Comment on page
Assets and Objects
In this section you will learn the difference between an ASSET and an OBJECT. Why do we talk about ASSETs in some cases, and about OBJECTs in others.
The term 'ASSET' refers to the voxel asset in The Sandbox.
- ASSETs are entities designed with the intention to provide content to experiences, such as games, that are designed on LANDs.
- They can also be collectables, be monetised and be traded.
The term 'OBJECT' refers to an instance of an ASSET that you placed in your Experience.
- The OBJECT is a copy of the ASSET that keeps the ASSET permanent information, such as the ASSET rarity, the ASSET look, the ASSET size and the ASSET attributes.
- Creators can edit OBJECTs logic, properties (position, rotation), and visibility.
- There can be several OBJECTs of the same ASSET, but they are all unique instances of that ASSET.
- When you delete an OBJECT in your scene, you don't delete the ASSET in your Library.
- 1.Create or buy an ASSET, in this case 'Asep the Pirate' on the Marketplace
- 2.In the Game Maker, find 'Asep the Pirate' ASSET in the Library
- 3.Move this ASSET to the ToolBar and select it
- 4.Click in the scene to place the 'Asep the Pirate' as an OBJECT
Last modified 1yr ago