Comment on page
Learning resources for managing your cryptocurrency wallet.
Your cryptocurrency wallet is a third-party tool that is not provided by The Sandbox directly. Here, we offer documentation on the basic things you'll need to choose and manage your wallet.
Funds and NFTs are stored in your cryptocurrency wallet, not in your account at The Sandbox.
The Sandbox team will NEVER request your passwords, security keys, wallet passphrases, security questions, or security passphrases. This information should always be privately secured.
Providing your wallet address is safe, as it is a public record and does not allow anyone to make transactions. You may, however, prefer sharing your wallet address privately in some support cases where we may ask for it.
Some cryptocurrency wallets are more suited for different experience levels and different Web3 activities which may include:
- Collecting non-fungible tokens (NFTs) like music, 2D art, or The Sandbox Assets
- Using digital applications connected to your wallet data (dapps)
- Claiming play-and-earn rewards
- Staking digital currencies for passive income
For this reason, The Sandbox allows you to choose between various software wallet types to connect and provides information about hardware wallets if you prefer added security.
There are many blockchain networks out there. The Sandbox began on Ethereum and has been transitioning to include the Polygon blockchain to reduce gas fees and make our blockchain transactions more Earth-friendly. Some wallets only allow you to use certain networks, and some may begin with a default network and allow you to add more. If you need to add the Polygon network to your wallet, it only takes a few minutes.
- Open your Metamask extension and click on the network dropdown.
- Select Add Network at the bottom.
- Type in the following information on this screen:
- Then click Save. You are now ready to switch between networks.